This is a wooden wooden single altar Church, built in 1894 to replace the old Church, built in 1866 and burned down in 1894. The first wooden Church was rebuilt from an ancient wooden chapel, built by three monks of the Solovetsky monastery. In Soviet times in 1932 the Church was closed and used as a club. In the early 2000s the Church returned to the diocese. On 15 of October, 2005 hieromonks Mitrofan Badanin and David Dubinin sanctified priestly rank Kashkaransky Church in honour of the appearance of the Tikhvinsky icon of the Mother of God and St. Philip of Moscow".
Contacts: Russian Orthodox Church, Murmansk metropole, Severomorsk eparchy, Tersky deanery.
Senior priest: Varlaam hieromonk
Phone number: +7 9113112747
Email: melaniya99@mail.ru
Web-site: http://varzuga.cerkov.ru
